Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Taking Down the Tree

 This past weekend my grandson and I worked to take down my Christmas tree.  We had decorated it together. It had mostly soft cloth ornaments.  They were not the ornaments I normally use.  I have kept them around with the purpose of decorating the tree with little children around. I put many less ornaments on the tree this year. I debated getting some more out, but I decided against it.  Taking down the tree, I was quite happy not to hunt for tiny wooden ornaments and little angels.

My grandson also wanted to help take down the garland.  He was very efficient with that task.  I waited to do the lights on my own.  The lights didn't lend themselves to his fast method of ornament removal. I jampacked the mantel with angels, snowmen and Santas. I am packing these away together because I think I will do the same thing next year.  I love it when a plan comes together.

My grandson is a big Christmas fan.  He loves the music.  He loves the decorations.  He loves the cookies. He loved counting down to Christmas with stickers.  He loved it so much he now has a calendar to count the days of the year. I look forward to looking forward to Christmas with him next year.

The tree is down in the basement now. It resides under my stairs for most of the year. I think I learned something about myself and about decorating for Christmas.  Less is better.  A simple plan is more relaxing. And relaxing is better.  More time to play with my grandchildren.

No comments: