Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Putting It In Writing

 I found some old cards and letters the other day.  I used to send a lot of cards and letters to people.  Some of those have ended up back in my possession. There are some of those that I don't intend to leave for history. I was very into trying to express love by sending cards and letters back in the day. I was in love with love.  I thought people would love me if I told them I loved them.

I am just thankful that I have had the opportunity to edit my history and destroy the evidence.  I think someone reading the letters would not not know my mind which was not as "in love" as I sounded.  I think the interesting thing is that although I wrote many many notes, I received very few.  I think that shows me how one sided the relationship was.  I gave and gave and gave and others took and took and took.

I am much more cautious these days about what I put into writing.  I have discovered that it sometimes it can be used against you in a court of law. Figuratively. 

No comments: