Monday, January 10, 2022

Resolutions

 I am not one to make or keep New Years' resolutions. For the past several years I have made a resolution to buy a lottery ticket.  I have not kept that resolution.  For a few years I kept adding the number of tickets I would buy, but I never got around to it. I am not sure what number I would be up to these days.

I think I will resolve to buy one lottery ticket this year. I want to travel some if the pandemic gets over.  I am going to try some daring things.  I want to write more. I am doing more family history research. I am continuing to clean out the basement.  

I have high hopes that COVID will become a thing of the past in 2022.  I hope to dance and sing and leave the pain of the past behind. The mistakes I made in my far distant past have followed me most of my life.  I hope to put those mistakes down, forgive myself and move on rejoicing for this chance to start fresh in old age.

I want to enjoy my grandchildren.  I will enjoy those kids.  They are my heart. I hope that I am able to go to the Butterfly House with my grandson.  That depends on the virus. I hope that virus goes away.

I resolve that regardless of the state of the pandemic, I will find joy this year.  I will rejoice in this life.  I will walk with the Lord.

No comments: