Friday, October 8, 2021

Food for Friday

 Cooking for one is not that exciting to me anymore.  Cooking in general is not all that exciting.  I can appreciate how much people appreciate a spouse who cooks for them.  My son does that for his family.  I used to cook for mine, but I was often criticized and my son remembers me as not that good a cook.  I was always in a hurry.  Back in the day I had a lot to do.

In the tradition of my mother, I am better at desserts than general cooking.  I bake. There are some easy low calorie desserts that I like to make.  I am sometimes surprised that everybody doesn't make them.  This time of year when I can use the oven again encourages baking.

So, peach or blueberry crisps are easy desserts. The crisp part is oatmeal, a little sugar, cinnamon, and some fat, maybe butter is my choice.  Mix those together.  In a baking dish (like a casserole dish, for example) I dump in some drained peaches or some frozen blueberries.  Cover with the crisp mix. Bake for about 30 minutes at around 350.  Easy Pea-sy Lemon Squeezy.  Serve with ice cream or frozen yogurt.

No comments: