Thursday, October 7, 2021

Lectio Divina

 Quite a while back I wrote about praying the scriptures using lectio divina.  I read the liturgy for the day and find some lines that speak to me.  Then I free write a page to God.  I talk to God about my thoughts and He teaches me.

When I fist started this, choosing the lines of scripture to write about took me a while.  At first I found that on days when I was stuck, the Psalms almost had a line that inspired me. Over time I have learned not to take too long to pick the verse.

I often start to write about what I think the verse is saying to me and then I find myself writing about something else.  I find God speaking to me, telling me what I needed to hear for that day.  It gives me purpose and hope.  I experience God's love while I write about the scripture.

My day doesn't seem complete without doing lectio divina.  I pray in other ways throughout the day, but lectio is my consistent prayer.  I don't see that changing anytime soon.  I write to God.  He speaks to me.

No comments: