Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Flu Shot

I got my flu shot last week.  I have never suffered from the flu shot.  I usually get some form of the flu, but it is generally not too bad.  I am thankful for the flu shot.  I am thankful for all the vaccines.  I got the polio sugar cube when I was young.  Before that I got the actual measles, mumps, rubella, and chicken pox.  I am thankful for vaccines that have kept my grandchildren from being in danger from these diseases.  I also have had the smallpox vaccine. They don't give that any more because smallpox has been eliminated.

I was so thankful when they came up with the COVID vaccine. I didn't hesitate to get the vaccine.  I didn't want COVID.  I wanted to avoid it if I could.  I have been lucky so far.  I know someone who got COVID twice and had the entire vaccination. I have been blessed.  I hope that this virus is starting to go away.  I read something that suggested that the pandemic would be over by March.  I am holding to that.  This will be over by March.  I hope.

No comments: