Monday, April 19, 2021

World Opening Up

 I feel sorry for the people who have chosen not to get a vaccine.  If they can't have one for some reason, I feel sorry for them too.  The vaccine for me lifted me up from isolation and fear.  This is not a virus that I wanted to have. Since I had the vaccine and have waited the appropriate time frame, I am living a little.

Going back to church was one of the first things I did.  I have never enjoyed Mass more.  It seemed so profound, even socially distanced and double masked.  Every week, I can now go to Mass every week. What a gift.

I visited a few stores.  I have been grocery shopping once a week, but that was pretty much it.  I have been to the fabric store, the hardware store, a pharmacy and a pet store since I completed the vaccine. I am happy to be double masked.  I hope that I am pretty safe in my store visits. I try to be socially distanced and not to stay longer than necessary.

I am not sure where else I might go.  The pandemic is still raging.  I fear that we will be in phase two awaiting a booster shot before long. I am very aware that I am not completely safe.  But I feel safe-ish. And people I love are getting the vaccine.

This has been a scary year.  The news was extremely grim a year ago.  I have buried a few people in the past year before their time.  None of them were extremely close to me, but they will be missed by me.  And I have had some friends and family suffer from this virus.  Some of them are still suffering after effects.  

But, for me, the world is starting to open up.  I imagine places I might want to go and people I might want to see.  I am making some tentative plans.  It is a wonderful thing, to have the world opening up again.

No comments: