Thursday, December 3, 2020

Happy Birthday, Sister

 A long long time ago in a galaxy far away, or maybe it was just in another state I got the best gift ever.  I got a long awaited much anticipated sister.  I had great expectations for this sister.  I have to admit that she was a little disappointing at first. She came as a baby. And what a baby she was.

I ended up with a lot of jealousy toward her and we weren't very close as children. At five years younger than I was, she and I didn't have a lot in common. We came back together as grown ups.  We discovered that we essentially had a great deal in common. 

In the past several years we have grown closer and closer. I would say these days that she is my best friend. We are good traveling companions. We haven't done much traveling lately, but we look forward to a future when that might happen again.

Happy 62nd birthday, Sis.  You are my best gift ever.

No comments: