Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Holy Land, Memories

 

Four years ago I was in Israel.  It was the trip of a lifetime.  The photo is one of the gates to old town Jerusalem.  This gate was not there at the time of Christ. I think this one might be the Lion Gate.  It was built during the time of the Crusades and changed when the Crusades were lost.  Earthquakes also change the buildings and landscapes in that part of the world.  Things fall down and are changed over time.

But, Jerusalem, Oh Jerusalem!  I can't even express the feelings of being there.  Being where Jesus walked. And seeing the places where He lived and walked.  I just don't have words.  Such a place to be.  Sometimes I think about going back to Jerusalem, but I don't think it will ever happen.  It was a hard journey.  Flying to Jerusalem wasn't easy. There were stairs and places where buses and cars couldn't go.  And with the virus who knows when it would ever be open again.

If you are young enough, I would say plan to go once in your life, go to the Holy Land.

No comments: