Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Baby, It Is Cold

 The weather turned cold with the new year.  It snowed a dusting and there was ice.  It was such a change from the mild fall that we had around here. Somebody told me that we were supposed to have a cold winter, but the evidence for that had been scarce.  This weather phenomena is often present here in the Lou. I remember several years when the weather turned cold after Christmas.

But, it is always a shock when the weather turns cold.  Sunday morning it was something like 4 degrees with wind chill.  I wear capris to physical therapy, so I expect to have cold ankles for weeks. It is great to be retired and not to have to go out the door at 7am.

The physical therapist has commanded me not to go for walks yet.  The poor imaginary dog has suffered.  But, at least I hadn't upgraded to a real dog that had to suffer my lack of walks. I will probably get the go ahead to walk during a big snowstorm.  I am not sure the imaginary dog will want to walk then.

In a few weeks these cold temperatures will not be such a shock to the system.  In a few weeks I will be used to the cold.  In a few weeks the days will seem longer by more than seconds.  And in a couple of months it will warm up again and I will be complaining about the heat in the Lou.


No comments: