Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Create

I have often wished that I had artistic talent.  My mom is an artist.  She became a watercolor painter. Her paintings adorn the walls of her family. She even sold a few over the years.  She was not a famous artist, just a trained amateur. She found a lot of satisfaction from her art.

My sister can sing and dance. Someone told her once that she had perfect pitch. She started ballroom dancing late, but she achieved pretty much until her teacher moved away.  She plays guitar and plays it well. She still dances in her basement room and plays guitar to satisfy herself. My brothers do woodwork and fish.  I think that is their art.  They have less interest in art for art's sake.   

I am glad my family has recreation and projects they enjoy.  I also have an art.  I like to quilt. But, I have to say that I am not as talented as I wish that I was.  I piece squares in some sort of pattern.  Then I hand quilt the fabric sandwich.  After a while you can get too many quilts and certainly too much fabric.  But, it is what I like.

I have concluded that creating something is soothing.  I think it keeps me sane.  I almost always have a project going.  When I feel anxious or upset, there is nothing that calms me like quilting does.  I recommend finding a craft or an art and create. 

No comments: