Monday, January 3, 2022

An Unexpected Gift

 Before the pandemic started, when 2020 looked like a year of promise, I purchased tickets to Hamilton which was coming to town in May. I inadvertently purchased through a different site than Metrotix.  I was afraid it was a mistake as soon as I did it, but I decided just to trust.

Then, as we all know the performances were canceled.  I requested my money back.  They gave me credit for extra performances.  I asked for my money back.  I didn't get it.  By that time I was just hoping to live through the pandemic.  It made me angry and upset whenever I tried to deal with it.  So, I let it go. 

Then almost 2 years later, this December, I got an email from the ticket company.  It said, if I wanted the money back, I needed to request it.  So, I did.  I decided if they needed any information from me, I wouldn't give it.  I didn't plan to be scammed again.

Then, right before Christmas, lo and behold, the amount I had paid for the tickets showed up in my credit card account. I was in awe.  I never expected to see anything from that whole ticket thing again.  I thought the offer to return the money was a scam.

But, now, I picture little angels in the background conspiring to give me a Christmas present.  I was amazed and delighted.  This was truly an unexpected gift.

No comments: