Friday, September 24, 2021

Friday, Go!

I have made headway on clearing stuff out.  Marie K would still not be proud of me.  But, everyday it becomes less and less likely that the Real Hoarders show will come knocking at my door.  I am making myself throw things away that can't be donated and won't be used (Like the hand cream that makes me itch but I have opened and tried.).

Pretty soon it is likely that I will be able to call an electrician to take care of my dining room light that won't turn on.  I have just felt that I would be too embarrassed to have someone come in to fix things and see that mess.  

I am messy with paperwork.  I just am.  But, I don't have to be.  I can get it under control and keep it that way if I just work at it.  I do better if I don't beat up on myself and just laugh and move on.  I usually overestimate how long it will take me to organize that kind of stuff.  I make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I have always known that I had a lot in common with Robert Browning's  "My Last Duchess."  She liked whatever she looked on and her looks went everywhere..... I am trying to reign in that impulse and not look on so many things.

It is now fall and it is time to re-evaluate my decorations.  I have a wreath on the door and things on the mantle that should change with the seasons.  The whales and sea shells need to give way to pumpkins and apples.  The sunflowers can go to mums and leaves.  I like to change those things and feel a little seasonal.

So, that is my true confessions for this Friday.  Mainly, cleaning diaries.  And I do love poetry.

No comments: