Saturday, September 25, 2021

Boring Post for Saturday--Duck, Duck, Duck

 My granddaughter loves monkeys and ducks.  The first stuffed animal that she really hugged was my Curious George.  She still looks for me to bring George when I come to visit them.  But, as she got older she developed a preference for ducks.

I am not sure how this developed.  Possibly the little video I played of the Five Little Duck song was the beginning of her fascination with ducks.  She calls her mom's phone "Duck."  She likes the duck bath toys.  Her parents got her a stuffed duck.  She calls geese, turkeys, and chickens all ducks.

When I was asked to make her a little blanket lately, I knew that she needed one with ducks.  I had to look and look.  Either this is not the right time of year for duck fabric or ducks have gone out of style.  At the third fabric store I found some ducks that would work.  I backed it with yellow fleece.  Now my granddaughter sleeps with ducks!

No comments: