Saturday, September 26, 2020

Boring Post--Grandma

 It's Saturday again.  Time for a boring post.  I am not sure that these are distinguishable from my normal posts, but here you go. A boring post for Saturday.

I am suspicious that my grandson mainly loves me because he can push me around.  I am not a big authority figure to him.  I am more like a friendly presence.  He doesn't do what I say most of the time. I have to persuade him that we need to go inside or take a nap or whatever.  He has a mind of his own.  When it is just the 2 of us, I let his interests lead us.

I am able to have this relationship because I am just grandma and there are other authority figures in his life.  I am a little concerned that as he gets older it may become more critical for me to get him to listen to me.  Overall he is a very easy kid, just stubborn at times.  So, I am not too worried about things.

Being a grandma is what I was born to be, I think.  I love having a relationship with a special little person.  I love that I don't have to worry about how he does in school or where he goes to college.  I can love him unconditionally and completely.  I don't have to worry about him.

No comments: