Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Walking that Imaginary Dog

I have done a pretty good job of walking my imaginary dog this summer.  It has been hot and I haven't always loved going out for the walk, but I have done it.  I have considered whether a real dog might be in the picture.  Sometimes I think, Yes!  Sometimes I think, No.  I have not decided to commit to a dog.

But, I am committed to walking the neighborhood.  I have a regular mile route and find I look for more than that these days.  I walk the outside edge of a local parking lot.  Sometimes I walk that several times to get enough steps in.  Or I do an extra walk around the block. 

One of the good things about the walk is I have come to recognize some of the neighbors.  There is the couple with the taffy colored little dogs.  There is the man who walks the black German shepherd looking dogs.  There are a couple men who walk odd looking dogs, I can't name a breed that looks the way they look.  The men aren't really friendly either.  There are some people who are always out in the yard fussing with the shrubbery.  There is a young man who likes to stand around squirting the hose mainly at the roof of his house.  There is the man who fixes old time cars.  I have a lot of different neighbors.

For now, I will walk my imaginary dog.  I have looked for one to get and haven't found anything I want to walk around the neighborhood.  The good thing about the dog I don't have is that he or she can be different every time I walk him or her.

No comments: