Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Something to Write About

I spend most of my time these days inside my house.  Things don't change much around here.  I find being out among people gives me things to write about.  My being at home  limits my topics.  My head rolls around and around and nothing comes out.

It isn't that I have nothing to do.  I have cleaning enough to keep me busy the rest of my mortal life.  I have fabric enough to make 20 quilts.  But, I don't have the energy to make that many.  I have patterns for clothing for me and the grandchildren, but not the motivation.  I have things I could do with the birds if they didn't make me sneeze so much.  I have puzzles.  I have a document camera to learn how to use and lots of documents to photograph.  I have yeast and flour and enjoy baking.  I have a writing project and this blog.  I have paperwork to sort and file.  I have a car that needs washing.  I have lots of television and movies that I could watch.  I am not bored really.  But, I am not motivated.

I understand the people who are losing their minds and want to forget about the virus.  I want to forget too.  But, I am overweight, 66, type A, all the factors that make the virus dangerous to me in particular.  I have to be patient.  I have to trust that God has a plan.  That God's plan is best.  But, sometimes that trust is hard.

If it were easy, than where would the virtue be in that?  I am casting about for something to write about.

No comments: