Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Dear Me

If I live through this pandemic, I have plans.  I plan to travel again someday.  I want to go to Britain.  I have never seen Wales or Ireland and I would like to before I check out or get too old to travel.  I plan to take a class in something, maybe writing.  I would like to volunteer for something.  I need to do less daycare for my grand-babies.  I need more personal time.

But, I will never consider going to Mass a chore again.  I am trying to consider how I come receive Communion somehow now.  Masks may become optional soon in my county. I can't imagine sitting in church with unmasked people.

I will never take shopping for granted again.  These days I plan for shopping when it is safest and if I forget something, oh well, it will have to wait until next week.  But, I also will try not to go back to shopping as recreation again.  I can do without shopping for the most part.

I will eat mindfully at restaurants someday again.  I was not a big eater outer, but I long for it these days.  Something that I didn't cook sounds really delicious.  I will try not to head back to fast food again.  Very little of it is nutritious or delicious.

I will not take my grand-babies for granted.  I want to try to pass on as much love as I can to them.  I want to fill them up with love.

And that is enough.  But, I continue to ponder what I will value after the pandemic is over.

No comments: