Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July 1

So, we have hit the heat of the summer. I am trying to walk the neighborhood mile every day.  I have discovered that I need to be a little careful in the heat.  I had a little heat exhaustion the other day.  I try to walk a little later and bring a water bottle and that has helped.  I am still determined to get my steps in.  I may need to get creative as the summer heat sets in.

The heat is hard on the lawn, hard on the birds.  I try to water every day and fill up the bird bath.  Most of my flowers get stuck at this point and don't grow more in the heat.  This is unfortunate because the zinnias, the begonias and the marigolds are stuck in infancy.  I suppose I might see flowers by fall.  That is if I can keep them alive at all.

I am not a fan of heat.  It bakes and boils.  I like air conditioning, but I would rather breathe fresh cool air.  Maybe it will kill the virus to some extent, this heat.  And in the long run, soon it will be over.  The years seem to go around so fast the older I get.

No comments: