Monday, June 29, 2020

Dust Bunnies

My battles with rabbits who are eating my flowers, eating my garden, have been chronicled here.  I bought a rather pricey thornless blackberry bush a couple of years ago.  It is smaller than when I got it.  The rabbits love to eat it.  They love to eat it so much that they make a nest beside the bush and nibble while they rest.  I try to keep the area wet to discourage this.

Lately I have seen a dust pile a little way away from the garden.  I thought it was birds.  Birds like dust baths.  I wasn't sure how they would make the dust piles, but birds are inventive.  Birds are little dinosaurs.  I have watched a sparrow and a purple finch battle over a nest and you would have thought of T Rex.

But, walking in the back the other day I discovered the culprit for my dust pile.  It was the rabbits.  It seems since I have been making mud near the preferred blackberry bush, the  rabbits have moved a little ways away.  They apparently like to lie in the dust.  So they dig up the yard and sprawl.  Needless to say, I now wet that area down as well.  I wonder where they will go next?

No comments: