Saturday, May 30, 2020

Boring Post for Saturday--Parakeets

I feel like I should write about parakeets.  But, there isn't much to say.  My birds aren't tamed yet.  they are a boy and a girl and they are young.  I joined a Facebook parakeet group which is a better place to learn about parakeet care and raising than any book I could buy.

I realize as I care for these birds that I like caring for things.  I like birds.  To me they are interesting.  But, they are sometimes noisy and they are always messy.  But, I enjoy them none the less.  They make a good pandemic pet.

I have concluded that I am not a very good animal photographer because I can't seem to get a good picture of them.  I can get their backs.  I would like to show the front of the female, Achoo.  If I didn't think it would be profane, I would name her Paraclete and I need to show you all a picture to explain that.  She is lavender and white with a yellow face.  On her breast there is a white cross surrounded by lavender.  Achoo.

Abu is blue.  He looks like the parakeet, Pretty Boy that I had as a child.  Abu.

No comments: