Friday, May 8, 2020

Memories

Boats on the Sea of Galilee from a couple of years ago when I was there, on a boat, on the Sea of Galilee.  There was no storm that day, but it was January and it rained a bit.  It was cold.  I have a picture from this day on my wall and as a screen saver on this laptop.  I am reminded of that day often.

I go back to the Holy Land in my mind sometimes and I ask Jesus what He wants me to learn, what the lesson is from that day.  As my life moves forward, the lesson changes.  Today I heard-- God loves.  That I got to go there and see that is proof for me today in my life that God loves.

If He loved me that day, then I need to accept that He also loves me now.  He doesn't love me because I am so good or so worthy or so anything. He loves me in my wretchedness and sorrow and sadness and fear and all the rest of it.  In that love, He provides for me.

Today I got to play with my grandson. Today I made an appointment for something to be done at my house. Today I have a Zoom meeting with friends.  Today I have enough.  Even though as I sit right now, I am not sure what tomorrow holds or Sunday, but today I have enough and the grace for tomorrow will come tomorrow when I need it.

No comments: