Monday, November 11, 2019

I Am Free

Once upon a time I believed that I would never be divorced. I believed I could endure anything.  I believed that my misery didn't matter.  I believed that I could explain something to someone, they would then see it my way and would change.  And in all of these beliefs and many more, I somehow never came to understand that God did not create me to spend my life in misery.  That I didn't have to spend my entire life repenting for one mistake was my mistake.

I have at long last been approved for an article of nullity, an annulment, from my long marriage.  People who have never been through it may imagine that divorce is easy, that an annulment is a Catholic divorce, and it is easy. It is not.  They are not.

But, at long last I have heard that I have been approved.  I do not have any intention of marrying again.  The annulment is a moot point, but I needed to be released from this mistake.  I needed to go through the process, and I needed to lay the mistake to a rest. 

Today I am free.  I am no longer married in the eyes of the law, in the eyes of the church.  I am free.

No comments: