Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Red Earth Cake

I gave my family recipe for Red Earth Cake here. I had to find it because I had mentioned it here and people wanted the recipe. But, I can't see Red Earth Cake as anything I would want to bake. It has {shortening} and {coffee} not to mention {red food coloring} which are things I don't eat anymore if possible and certainly don't cook with these days.

But Dandelionmom was persistent in wanting that recipe. So I gave it to her and the rest of you. She baked a cake and took pictures and posted about it here. I can totally agree with her if memory serves correctly that the rocky road icing is the best part.

And thanks to ABM who taught me how to link so that I could give you this linky post.

8 comments:

abroadermark said...

Whatever. Like you needed ME to learn how to make links! Ha. I mean, you know how to do a google search, right? But you're welcome anyway. Thanks for the acknowledgement. :)

Dawn said...

Wonderful linkage.

Dandelionmom said...

NICE links and THANKS! I made the cake with BUTTER thankyouverymuch! and no red either--the coffee was just the right edge to enhance the chocolate--try it!!

Mary said...

Good idea, butter, why didn't I think of that?

Mary said...

And the link thing was a big deal. I thought bloggers who knew how to link knew everything. I really looked up to you, ABM. Now that I can link I know that linking isn't such a big deal but it was a scary mountain I hadn't crossed a year ago.

Tami said...

Jody Blue had to talk me through my first link, step-by-step. It is a big deal.

:) Tami

Dandelionmom said...

Beyond Bluestockings taught me how! And then I taught her where to find the wordpress emoticons which give so much life and wit and sarcasm to comments! :D

Tami said...

Mary, I tried this yummy cake yesterday (I held off so I could share it with our Catholic Homeschool Group). It was a huge hit, I can see why your mom made it for all of the potlucks. Thanks again for digging the recipe out and sharing with all of us.