Friday, October 22, 2021

Halloween Decor

 My front porch in this house is really nice. It is the nicest porch I have ever owned. There is room enough for chairs out there and to sit and talk. I have a little bench to sit on while my grandson and I blow bubbles.

Halloween is coming. Since I have lived at this house I have never had many trick or treaters.  The first year I was gone and since then I have been skipped.  There is a church up at the beginning of the subdivision that does a big Halloween thing, so I think that attracts the crowd.

I don't usually put out a pumpkin.  I think it attracts kids to do naughty things with the gourd. I keep a pumpkin in my house. I have a few other Halloween decorations inside as well.  It isn't my favorite holiday, but I like orange.

I noticed that I have a helper this year, a dedicated helper.  I cleared away the spiderwebs by the front door in September.  I cleared away the spiderwebs at the beginning of October.  But, I have noticed they keep coming back.  Perhaps the spiders are helping me.  Perhaps they have the Halloween spirit.  I wonder if I clear the webs away whether they will rebuild for Halloween? 

No comments: