Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Darkness

 Pretty soon we are going to lose an hour of sleep.  The light is fading earlier and earlier in the evening.  I can feel my mood going down somewhat.  Winter is hard.  I like the light.  Last year I fought it by walking out in the sunlight everyday.  I walked the imaginary dog.  This year I have really slacked off on walking that dog.  But, I can sense that I need to get to work and get out there in the sunlight again.  It is necessary for my state of mind.

Darkness.  That sad, dreary, cold time of year.  But, lots and lots of state of mind has to do with attitude.  I will choose to think about the shine of snow and ice.  I will choose to think about the rest for the plants and the animals that hibernate.  It is a time to wait.  The light will come again.  The days start getting longer at Christmas which seems so far away now.  But, it will be here before I know it.

No comments: