Saturday, June 12, 2021

Boring Post for Saturday--Cool Move

 A week ago at the 100th birthday party for my mom, my grandchildren attended their first picnic party in a park.  My grandson and my niece's son hit it off and found lots of fun climbing on the rocks and playing corn hole together. My granddaughter did her thing which was mainly walking around the shelter house assessing the situation.  She held up pretty well for a long hot day. I find that a one year old doesn't have much to talk about with the adults.

After the food had been served and eaten (and she had plenty of "cheez", one of her words), the adults were mainly talking and looking at pictures. Miss Ell was over by the coolers that were still filled with ice.  I noticed her lifting the lid to the cooler, carefully placing her pacifier on top of the ice and shutting the lid.  After a short count, maybe count to ten, she opened the lid, took out the pacifier and placed it in her mouth.  She repeated this process a few times. 

I suppose that a cool pacifier on a hot day tasted pretty good.

No comments: