Friday, May 7, 2021

Many Are the Troubles

 From Psalm 34--"Many are the troubles of the just man, but out of them all the Lord delivers him."

Just a couple of weeks ago I was overwhelmed by troubles.  Or so it seemed.  I had squirrels in my attic.  I had an aching hip, my phone was giving up the ghost, my eyes are troubling me, the HVAC system might need replacing, my car had issues, and I have gained too much weight.  I was stressed about all of it.  I hardly knew where to start.

I wrote about it in Lectio Divina with this Psalm.  I also shared with a close friend.  Complained to a close friend might be a better description of what I did. While none of my troubles was in and of itself that terrible, all of the troubles happening in unison was too much for me.  I did a lot of praying and complaining to God, as well.

And God delivered me.  I started one at a time to handle the problems.  I prayed about each of them.  I found miraculous help.  None of my troubles were as bad as I thought they were going to be.  Out of ALL of them, the Lord delivers him (or her).  If I just do my part and trust and take one step at a time, God has helped me.  God will help me, always.

No comments: