Saturday, March 6, 2021

Boring Post--Tastes Like...

 It is so interesting to me to watch my 2 year year old grandson develop language and understanding of the world. He is at that age where he says the cutest things.  This age will soon pass.  I hope to remember some of the cute things he says.

This past week baby sister was trying to get her big brother's cup.  It is one of the spill proof ones.  They put milk in green and water in blue.  Sister (10 months old) gets some water in a purple version of the cup. But, for sister the most desired cup is the green one.  She cries and cries when she gets her hands on it and drinks and I take it away.  I explained to her (knowing that she wouldn't understand) that this is cow's milk and it isn't the kind of milk she drinks.  It is from cows, not mommies.

Big brother heard my explanation and did it one better.  He took the green cup, drank and said, "Tastes like cows."  This was funny and I laughed which probably encouraged the next part.  He took pretend lettuce from the play grocery store, acted as if he was taking a bite and said, "Tastes like cows."

Now when my grandson is eating something he will randomly say, "Tastes like cows."  This is hilarious, especially when he is eating mac and cheese on a Friday in Lent.

No comments: