Saturday, December 5, 2020

Boring Post--Baby, Baby

 My little granddaughter and I have had our moments.  She didn't take to me for quite a while.  She wanted Mommy.  She really wanted Mommy.  I wasn't Mommy.  She screamed at the top of her lungs at the sight or sound of me.  It was hard.  I really came to dread caring for her.  She was still acting like I was a stranger after 2 months.

Part of that was because Mommy was in the building and the little scamp figured out that if she screamed hard enough, Mommy would come for her. Since Mommy is still her main food source it is hard to separate a baby's wants from her needs.

Things started to get better little by little.  She has a surprisingly charming smile which she came to share with me. I also seem to be the one who can put her to sleep fastest.  I have that affect on people. Lately things have gotten a lot better.  She likes me, she really likes me, to quote an Oscar winner.

I knew that we turned a corner last Wednesday when I stopped by for a few minutes.  Little girl crawled away from Mommy and over to me. She pulled herself up and demanded to be picked up by me.  I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.  My little granddaughter is a gift.

No comments: