Tuesday, November 24, 2020

A Slice of Pie

My daughter in law, who invited me to Thanksgiving dinner at their house (I spend every day there anyway caring for the grandkids and I am the only guest) asked if there were any special dishes I longed for on Thanksgiving.  There aren't. I told her I preferred turkey to warming up frozen pizza, but that wasn't a deal breaker.  She assured me that they were having all the traditional things.

Truth be told there is only one dish that I crave for Thanksgiving.  If I don't get it, I go home and make it for myself, which is terrible because I am only one person and I can't throw any of it away.  But, I have done it before. I need a slice of pumpkin pie, cold with either whipped cream or ice cream/ frozen yogurt.  Pumpkin pie is my favorite, my only favorite for Thanksgiving.  But, it is my daughter in law's favorite too, so I am in luck!  

I hope that your Thanksgiving finds you warm and safe and with a nice slice of pie.

No comments: