Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The doorbell rang...

Monday night the doorbell rang while I was typing this.  I wasn't expecting anyone.  I don't know anyone in the neighborhood really well.  No one was there, no one left a note.  I could see a shadow from around the driveway walking away.  I didn't go after them. This is a time not to answer doorbells.  Talking to people could get me killed if they spread the virus.  People could leave a note or catch me when I am outside.  People could leave me alone.

But, I wish it were different.  I wish that I lived in a time where I could feel safe and neighborly.  I would like to be a friendly neighbor, a friendly person.  But, I am an older woman living alone in a time of pandemic.  I keep to myself.  It was probably just a roofing company.  There was a little hail storm a while back and the roofing companies are trying to re-roof every roof in the subdivision.  I am skipping it this year.  I like my roof and I just got new gutters.

I am sad though that the sound of the doorbell leaves me in a panic.  What do they want?  Leave me alone.  Or at least wear a mask.  I am just saying.....

No comments: