Thursday, June 18, 2020

Where?

I had a great grandmother who traveled all over Oklahoma in a wagon.  It may or may not have looked like this one, but it wasn't a lot more comfortable.  She wrote a story about packing up her kids in a wagon, the littlest in a laundry basket and moving across the state.  It was planned that she would go with my great grandfather, but at the last minute, he was held back.  So, she went on without him, planning for him to join them later.

I am in awe of her, this pioneer woman.  I believe in her place I would have stayed back and waited until my husband was ready to come along.  I hope I would have waited even though the household was packed and the plans were made.  But, looking at the way I am, the way I have lived my life and I realize I probably would have been right there with her in that wagon, traveling across the state, hoping that my husband could get away and join me sooner rather than later.

No comments: