Monday, May 11, 2020

Under My Belt

As I write this on Friday night, I am smiling because this is for Monday morning.  I have posts scheduled already for Saturday and Sunday.  I used to live my life this way, stacking up future posts and editing them, changing and rearranging.  This blog was my magazine and I was the editor.  I had features and themes.  I didn't shy from religion, but I tried to give politics a wide berth.

Maybe it is time again to do the blog, really do the blog.  I am surprised that I still have readers since I have been gone for so long, but the stats don't lie.  Some people are reading this stuff.  Truth is I would write the same, whether anyone was reading or not.  I write for me.  So, if I want to endlessly tell the parakeet story one day, read it or don't. I write for me.

I have thoughts.  I have lots of thoughts.  Having the blog saves my friends and family from having to hear these things.  The blog gives me an outlet.  And once in a while the blog has introduced me to someone or some twos who are crazy in the same peculiar way that I am.  I have found a few kindred spirits through the blog.

It is nice to start getting some blog posts under my belt, so to speak.  It is nice to take the stage or have the floor or whatever you would call it.  It is nice to put my thoughts out there.  Thank You!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Mary, I am so glad you are blogging again. I missed your voice! Congrats on the grandbabies!! What a joy!

-Jen