Saturday, June 8, 2019

And So It Goes...

Life holds many surprises.  God has many surprises.  I have recently concluded that it is all surprise.  I once thought I had some control, but I have found that at best I have input.  I don't control outcomes, no matter how hard I try, no matter how hard I pray. God isn't a haggler or a dealer. 

But God is love.  In the midst of crisis or sadness, that can be hard to remember.  God is good and God is love.  And my life will be happiest if I can be as loving and as good as I am capable of, do my best.

Be grateful for the now, not for something in the future.  Be grateful that I breathe, that today I am okay.  I have troubles and problems.  I am human, and life holds unhappiness and things to worry about.  I have a choice, focus on those things, or focus on the good, on the things that are right.

And so today, this day, I am grateful, thankful, joy-filled for the ordinary goodness in my life.  For the good God who gives me hope and joy, who teaches me to love.  Another Pentecost is here.  I wonder if I can get more of the Holy Spirit or a re-awakening of the Holy Spirit already in me?  Regardless, this Pentecost I am praying for a resolution to my annulment, for greater involvement in my church community, for more friends, for my grandbaby, for greater expression of love in my life.  And so it goes.....

No comments: