Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hawks

One spring and summer a pair of red-tailed hawks nested in the pine tree above the rectory.
These pictures are out of order.  This is one of the "chicks" after they were feeding themselves.
I love this picture of the fire of the Holy Spirit window just beyond the hawk.
I called the chicks Iggy and Fran (St. Ignatius and St. Francis).  They really did seem to be watching over me.

When I whistled they would fly over again.

This was on our back deck.

This was our chimney.

I love this one.  He wasn't flying yet.

This one is of the chicks right after they hatched around Mothers Day.  The white is the chick.


One of them went after a squirrel and got caught in this pine tree.

While out walking one evening this one landed nearby.

This hawk had caught a baby rabbit.  The circle of life.

This should have been the first picture of the mother hawk by the nest.

Anyway, someone asked me to share the hawk pictures.  So here they are.

1 comment:

Mary N. said...

Wow! These are incredible pictures! I like the names you gave the chicks, too :)