Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Old Ladies Unite

 I am an old lady.  My hair is going gray.  I am retired and I couldn't imagine working these days.  I am a grandma.  I ask for help with technology and fixing things.  I have arthritis. There is no doubt, I am an old lady.  But, in my mind, I still am young.  My body lets me down when it won't do the things I picture in my mind.  But, the worst part to me is that people treat me like an old lady.

And the old lady that they treat me like is one who doesn't understand things.  Is one who doesn't matter.  Is one who doesn't think or do anything important. I often feel that I am treated as though I were invisible. I often feel as though the things I have to say are just noise that nobody hears or understands.

I have decided that I do not accept that reality.  I am a person.  I deserve to be treated with respect.  I am not a confrontational person, but I have decided to hold my head up and be more than an old lady. So, I remind people to listen to me.  I take my business elsewhere when I feel disrespected.  I speak up.  I recommend this course of action to all the old ladies out there.  Old ladies, unite.

No comments: