Wednesday, January 19, 2022

French Toast Emergency

 I wonder whether the same is true in every city?  When a snowstorm is predicted, everybody and their brother runs to the store to buy bread, milk and eggs.  These are the ingredients to the making of French toast.  People buy other things too.  This time the reporters said that there was a run on snacks, frozen pizzas and wine.

The storm last weekend was predicted to fall Friday night until Saturday morning.  The top number of inches was 6, but then it dropped to 2 to 4.  All in all I think we may have had 2 inches.  The streets may have been a little slick but there was no big snow to drive through.  I ran a shovel over my driveway just to avoid icing.

I shopped on Wednesday to avoid the rush. I have plenty of milk and bread and eggs.  I wonder if all the people who buy those things even know how to make French toast? It seems to me that a person would need some sausages and cocoa to go with it.  And do they have syrup?  Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: