Saturday, January 1, 2022

Boring Post for Saturday--You Are What You Eat

 Toddlers and young children are notorious for developing odd likes and dislikes.  This is especially true when it comes to food.  I remember when my son hated both mashed potatoes and peas.  He claimed that I stuffed mashed potatoes into little green shells and called them peas.  He gave me way more credit for cooking than I deserved.

My grandson was never very picky about food.  He liked black olives and blueberries, but he would eat other things. When he was still in a high chair he would start dropping things over the side when he was done eating.  Unfortunately they didn't own a dog to enjoy the droppings.  The cat turned his nose up at such offerings.

Little sister has always been rather passionate about food.  Among her first words was "cheez" which was one of her favorite things to eat. It naturally progressed that she liked mac and cheese.  At Thanksgiving she discovered that she really liked cranberry sauce.  If any of her favorite foods are in the offing, she refuses to eat anything else.

So, I served some cranberry sauce at Christmas.  Little Miss refused to eat anything else.  She ate about a half can of cranberry sauce.  I offered to get out some cheese, but her parents refused.  If you are what you eat, my granddaughter is round and red and a bit sour/sweet. That sounds about right.

No comments: