Monday, April 5, 2021

Smile

 I hope my teeth are shiny today.  I made a dentist appointment for a teeth cleaning on this day 6 months ago.  At the time I thought to myself, if I haven't had the vaccine, I will have to evaluate whether I will reschedule this appointment.  I didn't make a first thing in the morning appointment, and I am not entirely sure that I felt comfortable with this new dentist office in light of the pandemic.  They weren't doing things the way I would have done them, had extra people waiting in the waiting room, acted rather casual about the virus when I went in 6 months ago. But, I was okay after that visit.  And I like the shiny way my teeth feel after a cleaning.

This is the thing about the pandemic.  I could be as safe as safe could be in my own practices, but someone else's carelessness could have killed me.  We rely on each other.  We have to trust each other.  And I well know that not everyone can be trusted.  But, as it happens, I had both shots and I am past the 2 weeks.  I should be safe enough if everyone takes precautions.

I am thankful to be in the place I am.  I hope that everyone who possibly can will consider getting the vaccine.  I think it is our only hope of getting out of this pandemic.  Because even though I feel a lot safer today than I did a couple of months ago, I recognize that I could still get sick.  I know that people I love could still die from this virus. But, I will not ponder that.  Today I will smile!

No comments: