Saturday, April 17, 2021

Boring Post for Saturday--Potty

We are gearing up for potty training, potty learning?  My grandson is showing signs that he is ready. I hope that this goes smoothly.  With him it seems to me that things either are easy or very, very hard.  I hope that this is one of the easy things.  His mom is taking the lead in this project and I am so thankful for that.  I am not sure that I have it in me to potty train another child.

The parents have set up the toilet with a smaller rim that comes down so that the child won't fall in.  It seems to work pretty well.  My grandson likes to take down the rim.  He likes to pee in the toilet.  He has never pooped in there yet.  But, we don't start in earnest until next week.

They also purchased a potty chair.  It looks like a miniature toilet.  It has a removeable potty bowl for cleaning, I imagine.  If the batteries are put in the toilet makes a flushing sound and lights up.  I know this because I bought one also and put in the batteries.

Little sister just turned one.  She isn't quite walking yet.  She has a great interest in the toilet.  I hope that she trains early because she absolutely hates to have her diaper changed.  I really never thought that such a little person could scream quite so loudly.

Little sister's interest in the toilet is as a storage container.  She puts toys in and shuts the lid.  She especially likes to put her shoes into the little toilet and shut them up. She likes to move the "bowl" and take it around the house.  Little sister loves the toilet now while it is pristine and unused.  I hope that her games don't continue after the toilet is in use.  I especially hope that she doesn't decide to put her shoes or other things in the real toilet.  That would be an adventure.

No comments: