Thursday, March 25, 2021

Money, Money, Money

A year ago I got some cash at the ATM when my brothers came to visit from out of town.  I prefer to use cash at restaurants.  I have had information stolen using credit cards at restaurants on more than one occasion and I just don't do it unless I have to.  So, a year ago I got more cash than I usually carry.  I used some of it while the boys were here. (Isn't is grand to call 60 somethings the boys?)

But, in the months following their visit, the world shut down.  I picked up drive through at McDonalds once and paid cash.  I contributed to a couple of things.  I have hidden some of the money so that I am not carrying it around.  I hope that I remember where I put it.  But, in the past year I have used credit cards for everything.

When I start eating out again or paying for admissions to places I expect that I will start to use cash again.  That will happen someday.  But, I find it very convenient to pull out the plastic to pay for things.  I have come to think of money as dirty or germy.  I suspect I will always carry hand sanitizer as life goes forward.  

Money, cash, dollars and cents, another thing the pandemic has caused me to pause.

No comments: