Saturday, March 27, 2021

Boring Post--The Worst Case of Rejection

 I am so blessed to care for my grandchildren during this pandemic.  I am also exhausted by caring for them, but that is another story.  My granddaughter will be one year old in a couple of weeks.  She has been nursed this year because her mother worked from home and continues to work from home. It is a little bit of a push/ pull situation, because E would prefer to stay with Mom all day like she does on the weekends. 

I have a lot of fun with E these days despite our early troubles.  She screamed at the sight of me for weeks when I first came to care for her and her brother.  But, eventually she got over that.  We play and have fun.  I seem to have the best touch for putting her to sleep.  I call it our rock and roll time for what to me are obvious reasons. There is a swivel rocker involved.

But, Mondays, Mondays are tough and E cries when Mom hands her over lots of times on Mondays.  The rest of the week is fine, Mondays are rough.  This past week was particularly rough.  E saw me and decided that she wasn't having it.  I was not taking her away from her mommy.  When Mommy left the room, E crawled on the lower shelf of the coffee table and stayed there crying.  I coaxed her out, but in the few minutes she crawled back there again.  She cried as I pulled her out again, but then she saw something that caught her eye and she started playing with it.

Fortunately, I don't take it personally.  I have a wonderful relationship with E.  I am not her mother and I am glad that she is so bonded to her mom.  I have to laugh when she shows her dislike of me.  It is funny.  And you only get away with that while you are one.

No comments: