Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Rain in St Charles.....is mainly running down my backyard

 I love my yard.  It isn't perfect, but it is pretty good.  The front yard is flat.  It needs a tree again, but I look forward to choosing one and getting it planted.  The side yards slope, but not too badly. I have a lot of weeds in the front flower garden and things that don't grow well in the back food garden.  I have a lot of weeds among the grass.  But the backyard is mainly flat with 3 large trees. and that makes up for a lot.

Because of the slope and the raised basement, I don't worry much about water in the basement.  I am near the top of the hill.  The water runs.  It runs through my backyard like a stream during rain.  Water runs. It washes out the grass and does things to my back garden.

I wonder if I should hire a landscaper to come in and advise me about channeling the water.  I wonder if it would help or make the neighbors below me mad. I wonder if I fenced the yard if it would make a difference.  I wonder a lot. I haven't done anything yet.  I am not sure that I ever will.  But, on nights like Monday when we got 2 inches of rain in a very short time I think about the rain and how it runs.

No comments: