Friday, July 17, 2020

Summary of the Life

I have written a lot about the Covid in recent months.  It effects all areas of my life so it is what I think about and thus what I write about.  But, I am bored with talking about it.  I suppose I have gone through the grieving process for my life and what I had hoped to do enough that I am learning to accept the new normal.  This is life.  It isn't as pleasant as it once was, but still privileged and easy for the most part.

I have also thought a lot about white privilege and where I am on that.  I will probably do some writing about that when I get my thoughts together. It is such a big thing and my ideas have changed and grown over time.  But, it is too important a topic to me to just write some quickly dashed off piece that I haven't carefully considered.

I am soon back to full time daycare with the grandchildren.  I love it, but the older I get, the more exhausting it is.  I am pretty well committed to this until there is a vaccine.  I can't see the only two grandchildren I will ever have going to daycare during a pandemic if I am capable of caring for them.  During a pandemic, I don't have a lot of other options anyway when I consider it.  But talking care of the baby girl is a new experience.  I haven't experienced a lot of girls on an up close personal diaper changing level.

I almost re-homed the parakeets I got during the lock down.  I think I am having allergies.  I certainly had sinus problems that aren't completely gone.  I got an air purifier which helps, but not completely.  If I can't solve this issue I will have to look for a home for them.  Then my house will be too quiet again.  So, this is an issue.

I have failed to walk the imaginary dog a few more days than I would like lately.  I just feel tired and it is hot.  I am looking to motivate myself somehow.  Hard to do.

I got my first tomato off my patio plant.  If it would be the only one, it would be a $17 tomato.  I think I will get a few more.  My gardening skills are really lacking though.  Even my onions are not looking good.  I thought onions were one thing I could have success at.  The rabbits have even eaten the hostas.  I think the raspberry bush and the blackberry bush may survive, but I won't see fruit this year.  My thyme, oregano, and mint are prospering, but I don't need much of those. All that watering for so little result.

My brother is coming today from Chicago.  We are headed over to see my 99 year old mother.  I am glad that we found a way to take her out of assisted living so that we can visit her and she might survive the virus.  I think my sister and my mom are getting along okay. Terrible choices to make sometimes these days.

I am trying to consider going back to a weekday Mass next week so that I can receive Eucharist.  It has been so long.  I have watched the weekday Masses and they aren't too crowded, mostly empty, so perhaps I could take the risk.  I will pray about it.

So, in summary.  I am fine.  My life is fine.  I am not bored, but I am sometimes lonely.  The problems that I have and I still have problems are tolerable for the most part.  I am blessed, but given my fallen human nature, I am not always as happy as I should be for all the blessings in my life.

No comments: