Friday, June 5, 2020

Cha Cha Cha

I am no dancer.  But, I feel as though I do the cha cha sometimes.  You know, the dance that goes two steps forward, one step back.  If that is wrong, please note the original statement, I am no dancer.  But, surely I am not the only person who does the cha cha, while trying to accomplish something.

So many examples.  Changing my mom's address is the one that is coming to mind right now.  She is nearly 100 years old.  They think that she has an internet account or even a phone number?  But for pensions to keep on coming, there needs to be an address change.  Most of the places I have to contact do not want an agent of the person, they want the person.  I dare them to have a great insightful conversation with my mom these days, and even if they do, I bet you a cookie that my mom won't remember 2 minutes after the phone call that she talked to anyone about anything.  I tried to do  websites and I am locked out of two places.  They are closed.  I will have to call tomorrow. It will all turn out in the end.  It is just frustrating. One step forward, two steps back.

I had the gutters on my house replaced last week.  The new downspouts don't aim properly.  So, I got some extenders to fix the problem today.  I just back in the house from replacing the downspouts when the termite guy came.  He was checking the traps.  He moved the downspouts and drain board things.  So, I need to figure out how to replace them for termite trap optimization and sending water away from the house. The way he placed them won't work for me.  Cha cha cha. 

I many times resist fixing something or starting a new project because of the cha cha that I have to do.  What is the use?  Everything has to be done again and again and again.  But, life requires a little dancing.  It all can't be waltzes or jitterbugs.  Sometimes or maybe usually, I just have to knuckle down and do the cha cha cha.

No comments: