Monday, August 7, 2017

As I Recover

In the life I am establishing now, I am kind to myself.  I can make a mistake and laugh at my humanity.  I can let it go and move on.  Six months ago, that wasn't the case.  I panicked, I berated myself, I wondered if and how I could fix it. Now, if something needs correcting, I will try to do it, but I am learning not to sweat the small stuff.

I have learned to ask myself, "Is it worth getting upset over?"  Most things aren't really.  I do the best I can each day, try to meet the appointments that God sets for me.  Try to feel the love and mercy. But, I mess up, fall short, make mistakes.

I spilled a big blot of paint in my garage. It is about a foot and a half circle on the floor. It happens to be one of my favorite colors of blue.  It is my beautiful blue mistake.  I have had a few people advise me on how I can scrub it up, make it go away.  But, I have refused all of their offers.  I like that blue spot, it makes me smile.  It reminds me that I am human, I make mistakes and some of them aren't very important in the broad scheme of things.

God forgives my mistakes, large and small.  That is what reconciliation does for one thing.  I like to think with the small mistakes, God is having a chuckle with me about my humanity and about how much He loves me.

No comments: