Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Melting, Melting.....

It is hot here in the Lou these days.  Summer time and the temperatures are in the 100s.  I am not a fan.  It is also rather humid.  Miserable is the word to describe it.  This is the time of year I like to sit inside and quilt.  It is too hot to do much outside.  Too hot altogether. But, the weather will change.  I hear that there may be a cold front by the weekend.  Maybe highs will be in the 80s again. Change is a part of the life in this world.

I am moving stuff and melting day by day as I prepare to leave this house for another.  I try to be smart and keep hydrated.  I try to work outside in the cooler parts of the day.  Truth be told, the work is good for me.  I do too much sitting because my knee hurts.  Entirely too much sitting. Sitting is good for prayer though.  I sit and pray.

And I have started attending the daily Mass again a few times a week.  It is hot and that reminds me of all the summer vacations that I went to Mass during the week especially when we lived near our church.  I live farther these days and the church is different.  But, I am growing to love the little daily Mass community. I love starting the day, receiving Jesus.  It is a good way to keep from melting.




No comments: