Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Ring, Ring, Ring

Call me, maybe?  Today I am working on some business.  Paying bills, making inquiries, catching up.  I love being my own boss and not being second guessed on things I do.  I do it and then I correct it if I make a mistake, or someone else does.  Mistakes happen.  Most of them aren't fatal or even important.

I recently made a mistake in applying for something.  I need to correct it before the problem multiplies.  So, I called.  I was put on hold and then invited to give my call back number and they will call me when they have time.  I was given an estimate of 31 minutes, 45 minutes ago.  At what point do I quit waiting and go about my day?  I need this paperwork in front of me to explain the mistake and try to get it corrected.

And as I am writing this, they got back to me.  Turns out, I didn't make a mistake at all, I just have to make a correction when I get new information sometime in the future.  I love being my own boss.  I love it that no one second guesses or tells me about my mistakes.  But, I hate waiting for the phone to ring with a call back.


No comments: