Friday, May 12, 2017

Sweating the Small Stuff

I don't like deadlines.  I hate deadlines that I can't work to complete things early so the dead in the line is not there.  I do taxes ahead of time for example.  But some things I have no control over.  And the deadline approaches without resolution.  I get really anxious.  I wish that I didn't.  I wish that I had patient confidence that even if it didn't work out, it would be all in God's hands.

I fret and I try to force solutions.  I have trouble waiting patiently.  And that is where I am right now.  The loan for the mortgage on my house is supposed to be approved by next Tuesday.  The loan processor wants a copy of a wire transfer and a check I deposited.  I don't have those things.  I will go to the bank and try to get them, but even if they have the things she wants, I suspect she will need more things.  And I am heading into a weekend.  And Monday after school I will not be able to race out to the bank because they are holding a little retirement celebration here at school for me and the other retirees.  I have been given orders to be there.  And I want to be.  It isn't like I retire everyday or every year or ever before. It will have to work out.  (Or maybe I won't get this house and maybe that is God's plan, although not mine.)

I am trying to pray and imagine what God is telling me.  It seems like I should do what I can and leave it in God's hands.  Really that is all I can do. It is what I need to do. But, if you had a whiff of me, you could tell, I am sweating the small stuff a little bit.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And I don't believe that God works like magic and everything turns out alright when I pray, because the world God made isn't like that.  But, this time, the big overwhelming, confusing mess I was asked to straighten out, was fixed with a couple of phone calls after I wrote the above post.  I think it is done.  I am blown away.  God is good all the time.  And I love it when a plan comes together......

No comments: